Academy Certified Career Storyteller
Training & Certification Program
Modern marketing communications have moved away from a pitch to share an engaging plot ... stories that pull in a reader and make them want to connect with the brand, product, or person.
Stories command attention, build emotion, and change perceptions. That’s why great speakers use stories, why CEOs infuse storytelling into company cultures, and why leading career professionals use stories to transform their client’s critical facts into fascinating narratives.
If you are ready to write materials that captivate readers, differentiate clients from the competition, and open the door to conversation, this advanced program is for you!
In this program, instructors Louise Kursmark, Deb Dib, and Marie Zimenoff will share a step-by-step process for gathering stories and writing content that connects with your client’s target audience: from resumes and cover letters to profiles, professional introductions, formal bios, and more.
You’ll walk away with:
- an understanding of the neuroscience behind stories so you can strengthen the connection with your reader
- tools to identify client brand attributes and gather stories so you communicate your client’s unique promise of value in their voice (which also means you'll write faster!)
- steps (with examples!) to turn stories into content in a variety of ways so you can write stories for more traditional clients and those who want to be bold with their stories
- confidence based on experience writing storied resumes, profiles, and more, with detailed written feedback from instructors and peer input (structured and instructor-facilitated in class)
- lifetime inclusion in the Academy Certified Career Storyteller directory, RWA community conversations, and other perks offered to RWA graduates (no renewals and no membership fees to maintain certification!)
If you want to be confident in writing powerfully fresh and compelling client materials – join us for this in-depth training!